||[Mar. 19th, 2007|12:03 am]
Chinese Character a Day
Current Theme: Characters with the element 舛 chuǎn (chuan3), error
cruel; Chieh [evil last ruler of the Xia Dynasty]; perch
- commonly found in the compound: 桀骜不馴 (桀骜不驯) jié ào bù xún (jie2 ao4 bu4 xun2), obstinate and unruly
- radical: 75 木 (tree) (mù)
- mnemonic: Two persons back to back 舛 hanging from a tree 木.
- total strokes traditional (simplified): 10 (10)
- frequency: 4097th most common character
N.B. I'm going to try posting characters less frequently (maybe one a week) but more regularly.